If you already have a Schoology parent account and need to add a 2nd student to your account please follow the directions below. You will want to sign into PowerSchool first to obtain the 12-digit code referenced below in step 4.
If you already have a parent account in Schoology for one child, you can add additional children to your account:
- Log in to your Schoology account using your username or email address and password.
- Click the arrow next to your name in the top-right corner.
- Click the Add Child button.
- Enter the Child Code for the child you're adding. This is the same as your Parent Access Code, the 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Click the Use Code button to complete.
- If the student is in a different school building you will be prompted with "We've noticed that your child belongs to another school. To complete the process, you must register for a new Schoology parent account within your child's school using the form below."
Parents may only add children in the same school as that parent account. If you have a child in another school, you'll be prompted to complete the association process by registering for a new Schoology parent account within your child's school. When you complete this step, your current parent account will link to your new account.
To register for a new account:
- When you try to add a child that attends another school, a form should appear to register for a new account. The Child Code and your information should already be populated on this form.
- Enter the email address or username you'd like associated with your new account.
- Enter a password for your new account. Make sure you keep your password in a safe and secure place that you can retrieve if you forget it.
- Click Register to complete.
Once you complete the registration, you're taken automatically to your new account. This new account is also automatically associated with your child. Since you now have two Schoology accounts, one for each child, you should link your accounts to access both children from the same login.
To link multiple Schoology accounts:
- Click the arrow in the upper-right corner of the Parent account you want to keep as your primary account (you will be using this account to log in to Schoology).
- Click Settings.
- Scroll near the bottom of the Account Settings page and click Link Accounts.
- Enter the Email or Username of the parent account at the other organization.
- Enter the password for the other parent account.
- Click Link Account to complete.
A list of your primary account and linked account(s) displays in the Link Account area upon completion. If you have multiple primary email addresses for these accounts, enable the Select a primary email address. This feature enables email notifications for each linked account to go to your primary email address.